Ruger’s New American Rimfire Target Rifle
Legendary Ruger reliability with accuracy of bolt action
Ruger has announced their new American Rimfire Target model available in 22 LR (model 8348), 22 WMR (8349) and 17 HMR (8350).
The new model 8350 rimfire target rifle in the Ruger line looks like a great value and addition to your collection if you desire the proven, legendary reliability of the Ruger 10-22 with the added accuracy of a bolt action rifle. It seems like an answer to the CZ 455 at first due to the less than 500 dollar price point. But here’s where the Ruger goes further. The picatinny rail for modern scopes and the (very hot topic) suppressor threading of the barrel.
Where the CZ is stronger is it’s ability to change out barrels from 22, 22 magnum, and 17 HMR with a screwdriver and about 10 minutes, along with the finish and old world quality. The Ruger is a mounted, bedded barrel. No barrel change but the MUCH loved 10-22 style rotary magazine combined with the ability to claim all important “Made in USA” will likely make this model very successful. Purchase it for $500.
- 0.860-inch diameter, cold hammer-forged, 1/2-28-inch threaded target barrel.
- Available in .22 LR, .22 WMR and .17 HMR
- Free-floated barrel
- One-piece Picatinny rail
- Ruger Power Bedding integral bedding blocks
- Ruger Marksman Adjustable trigger
- Patented, detachable rotary magazine.
- The Target model also features a black laminate stock and factory-installed, knurled thread protector.
Image from ruger.com